This post contains affiliate links. Visit our Disclosure page for details.
Please note: Amazon Prime Day is now over but there are still various discounts available. While the lightning deals might be finished, other items are still on sale until they sell out – scroll down below to see our top picks!
We’re rounding up the best travel products during the sale, so make sure to bookmark this post for updates!
We’re going to be working around the clock monitoring the deals as they happen, so you don’t miss out.
If we think a bargain is too good to pass up, we will add it to our Amazon Prime Day post for you to see. We will continuously update this page with all of our favorite deals, so all you have to do is follow us, relax and shop.
Find out how to shop Prime Day, what it is, what items we’re watching, and which ones to add to your shopping bag. Visit now and refresh every few hours for the latest and greatest travel gear deals!
Amazon Prime Day
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a special sales event for Amazon Prime members. It takes place in July and there are flash lightning sales with savings as good as Black Friday!
Some products are already discounted now and you can get anywhere from 10%-50% off with more than 100,000 deals worldwide, with new deals being added every 5 minutes!
Prime Day Deals begin in July!
Do I need Amazon Prime to shop on Prime Day?
If you don’t already subscribe to it, Amazon Prime IS A MUST if you shop on Amazon. My favorite part of this membership is the free 2-day shipping and free returns (when available). This means you don’t have to wait to get the stuff you want and you can save money on shipping, too.
The two-day shipping is extra important for travelers because if you’re like me, you’re shopping until the last minute and you need to ensure you get everything you need in time for your trip.
As a bonus, other benefits of having Amazon Prime includes access to movies, tv shows, and music, too!
Sign up for a FREE 30-day Amazon Prime Trial to take advantage of this big sale!
What’s on Sale for Amazon Prime Day?
There are a variety of sales going on during Amazon Prime Day including steep discounts on products and lightning deals that offer major price drops on limited quantities.
We’ll be updating this page throughout the sale so you know the best travel products to buy. Scroll down below for our top picks.
Note: New deals are published every 5 minutes and sell out quickly!
How to Shop Prime Day
Step 1: Sign up for an Amazon prime free trial or log into your account
Step 2: Go to this page to “Watch” items you’re interested in buying.
Step 3: Add other items to your wishlist and check throughout the day to see if they go on sale
Step 4: Download the free Amazon App for your phone or tablet and never miss a deal. Go to “Today’s Deals,” click “Upcoming” to view all deals 24 hours before they are live, and then tap “Watch this deal.” The app will alert you when that deal is starting.
Step 5: Download Amazon Assistant for your desktop so you can see all the items you’re watching in one convenient location and get notified when your items are on sale! (I LOVE THIS FEATURE)
Top Prime Day Product Picks:
If you’ve been wanting to check out my favorite Rebecca Minkoff purse backpack, now’s the time because it’s on sale! There are various styles discounted for Prime Day so here’s what you need to know.
- This Amazon listing has the above Sandstone and Beet color in the size medium on sale for $245 PLUS Prime members get an additional 30% off.
- You can find the Putty color in medium size on sale for $196 here.
- The less expensive, more travel-friendly nylon Julian is available in Sea Mist and Blood Orange for 30% off here
- If you can’t bring yourself to spend this much on a bag I did find a cheap knock off version. I can’t vouch for the quality but it’s currently 50% off here.
- BEST OFFER: the beet color is $162 in this listing PLUS Prime members get an additional 30% off. Only 2 available as of 2:30am PST.
Please note: the Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack that I have is the regular size, not the medium.
Read about how I used this bag as my only carryon for one week trip!
This is our must have Prime Day pick. I have this suitcase and it is GORGEOUS. This is not the suitcase to use when you’re looking to travel ultra-light as it weighs 9.5 lb. However, it has all the bells and whistles anyone could ever want in a stylish suitcase including:
- Integrated three-dial TSA-approved combination lock
- Fully lined red interior with two compartments
- Garment compartment with hanger and removable pouches
- double spinner wheels
- Stop and Go brake system
- Worldwide limited 10 year warranty
See our most recommended carryon suitcases here!
Current Lightning Deal Spotlight (expires 10pm PST):
eBags has several of bags listed in the Lightning Deal section and their popular slim laptop backpack was just added! eBags sells out super quickly so make sure to grab these while you can! We’ll be updating this section throughout the day so check back frequently for our latest picks!
These are other Lightning Deals we’re currently “Watching”:
Best Travel Deals for Prime Day:
TFG Reader Favorites:
1.Travelon Anti-theft Heritage Crossbody Bag $28.46 (Save 30%)
2. Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Messenger Bag $27.30 (Save 30%)
3. Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bag $24.15 (Save 30%)
4. Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Convertible $24.43 (Save 30%)
5. Pacsafe Anti-Theft Secret Bra Pouch $9.76 (Save 30%)
6. AmazonBasics 4-Piece Packing Cubes – Slim $11.88 (Save 30%)
7. Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash $8.20 (Save 30%)
8. Lewis N. Clark Travel Laundry Soap (20-Pack) $6.29 (Save 30%)
9. AmazonBasics Hanging Toiletry Kit, Black $13.29 (Save 30%)
1. Lipault Spinner 55/20 $124.99 (Save 37%)
2. Delsey Luggage Helium Aero International Carry On $113.63 (Save 30%)
3. Tumi 19 Degree International Carry-on $445.00 (Save 25%)
4. Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS Spinner 20 $101.00 (Save 65%)
5.Hartmann Innovaire Global Carry On Spinner $320.19 (Save 54%)
6. Werks Traveler Dual-Caster Spinner Carry On Suitcase $277.49 (Save 12% and addt’l 30%)
7. eBags TLS Mother Lode Mini 21″ Wheeled Duffel $199.99 (Save 17%)
8. Tumi Weekend Foldable Travel Tote $105.00 (Save 28%)
9. Lipault Weekend Bag Large $67.10 (Save 52%)
Tumi: 25% off selected Tumi styles
Briggs & Riley: 40% off select suitcases, backpacks, and weekenders
Carryon Suitcases: 30%-50% off or more on select styles by Rockland, Samsonite, Delsey, Travelon, TravelPro, Vera Bradley, Lipault, Lojel, and more (our top picks below!)
AmazonBasics Travel Accessories:
1. RFID Travel Neck Stash Wallet $8.69 (save 28%)
2. 4 Piece Small Packing Cubes $15.39 (save 30%)
3. 4-Piece Packing Cubes – Large $18.69 (save 25%)
4. 4-Piece Packing Cubes – 2 Med and 2 Lrg $17.19 (save 25%)
5. Trekker Camera Backpack $44.89 (save 25%)
6. Holster Camera Case for DSLR $11.49 (save 42%)
1. GoPro Session Package $149 (Save $53.44)
2. Seagate 2TB Portable External Hard Drive $59.99 (Save 25%)
3. Acer Chromebook 11.6-Inch Laptop $129.99 (Save 28%)
4. Sony Wireless Headphones $98.00 (Save $100.00)
1. Amazon Echo $89.99 (save 50%)
2. Echo Dot (2nd Generation) $34.99 (Save 30%)
3. Kindle Paperwhite E-reader $89.99 (save $30)
4. All-New Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa $29.99 (Save 40%
5. Kindle Paperwhite Travel Bundle $169.96 (Save $100)
Travel Shoe Brands: up to 50% off athletic and outdoor shoes
Jeans: 60% off selected style jeans including NYDJ, Hudson, Tre Religion, Joe’s
ShopBop Clothing and Accessories: 30% Off Select Styles.
Amazon Fashion: 40-50% off
Travel Shoes 30% off:
Many of our favorite travel shoe brands are on sale so we listed a round up of all the brands with discounts below. Check back later today for our top picks!
Top picks for shoes:
1. Keen Rose Sandal Hiking Shoe $55.64 (Save 38%)
2. Keen Whisper Sandal $65.30 (Save 30%)
3. Superga Cotu $43.09 – $64.95 (Save 30%)
4. Havaianas Flip Flop $26.00 (Save 30%)
5. Vionic Noosa Flip Flop $36.95 (Save 30%)
6. Merrell Siren Sport Shoe (Save 30%)
7. ECCO Damara Gladiator Sandal $93.39 – $129.95 (Save 30%)
8. ECCO Huarache Sandal $89.95 (Save 30%)
9. FitFlop Ibiza Flip Flop $53.22 – $80.00 (Save 30%)
We’ll be listing their top deals on this page throughout the sale. Remember, it starts at 6pm PST, Monday July 10th so bookmark this page to find the best in travel and luggage!
Have any questions? Check out Amazon’s Prime Day Insider Guide for more helpful tips!
Some of these tips are on now, so take advantage now and start saving – visit Amazon now!
Do you have Prime? What’s on your Amazon Prime Day wish list? Tell us in the comments below!
LIKED THIS POST? PIN THIS PIC TO SAVE IT!
For more tips, please read:
- Best Travel Shoes of All Time: Reader’s Choice
- Stay Safe with these Money Belts and Anti-theft Accessories
- Suitcase Recommendations from the Experts
- How to Travel Carryon Anywhere