Support TFG by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) so we can continue to create helpful free content. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon in addition to other retailers featured on the blog. Thank you, we appreciate your support!
White is one of our favorite summer colors! Find out how to wear white clothes on vacation plus what to wear underneath!
How to Wear White Clothes
Table Of Contents
White clothing creates a fresh and chic summer wardrobe. It’s the perfect neutral to replace the usual all-black outfits in a basic travel wardrobe. Replace your black clothing items for white instead!
White pants and shorts look particularly attractive by the seaside and summer dresses can easily transition in between seasons.
The most important thing to keep in mind when determining how to wear white clothes on vacation is to choose the right undergarments! Always choose nude (or the color closest to your skin tone).
For a range of “nude” colors to blend in with a variety of skin tones, we recommend the Skims brand at Nordstrom!
I wore nude long shorts like these underneath for smoothing results that avoided panty lines while concealing any embarrassing ripple effects!
Let’s look at how to wear white clothes plus the right undergarments to wear with them:
Wear with pretty ballet flats in light colors or metallic sandals. Neutral shoe colors such as tan leather are always a winner!
How to Wear White Pants: Undergarments
Opt for long nude shorts, boyshorts, or seamless thong (only under thick jeans).
How to Wear White Shorts: Undergarments
Choose undergarments similar to those shown in the pants section above. Microfiber or nylon fabrics offer a smooth look under your clothing. Opt for an underwear type based on the length of your shorts and personal preference.
A sleeveless white button up top is the perfect summer version of a classic long sleeve shirt. Wear this with everything even layered over dresses or other tops for varied looks!
Stay cool in the summer weather in these linen shirts!
How to Wear White Tops: Undergarments
You might want to wear a white camisole top underneath but I’d recommend skipping the cami and just wearing a nude NOT WHITE bra. If you wear a bra the color closest to your skin tone, it will just blend in with the rest of your upper body.
Tip: you can wear a nude color bra under all colors even black! It’s the most versatile color. Learn more here!
Nothing says summer like a lovely white sundress! The best part is they’re super versatile and certain style can be worn in spring and fall when styled accordingly.
Add tights, boots, and a knit sweater for a romantic look you can wear in transitional seasons or to transform a summer outfit into one more appropriate for a colder destination.
Stay looking effortless cool in these white dresses that never go out of style!
Liven up your summer wardrobe with these white sandals!
How to Wear White Dresses: Undergarments
Depending on the dress, a strapless nude bra plus nude boy shorts would suffice. However, you can also choose full body coverage with a nude body smoother or flirty layered slip dress.
These linen dresses make the perfect outfit to keep you looking cool on vacation!
Afraid to travel with white clothing? Here are a few tips:
- If the thought of spills and stains scares you, ask yourself: do I usually stain my clothing? If you answered yes then opt for summer prints instead. If you don’t typically stain your clothing, then traveling with white clothing shouldn’t be any different!
- Don’t travel with just one piece, travel with several. I like having several light colors that I can wash together in one laundry load when I’m on the go. Air dry in the sun for a natural lightening effect!
- Skip white bottoms if you’re headed to a dusty destination such as India, Egypt, or Vietnam. Tops and short to mid length dresses should be just fine.
- Still don’t feel brave enough to wear white? Choose an ultra-light grey instead. Here are a few ideas and why we also love grey clothing year round!
Do you have any tips on how to wear white clothes on vacation? Please comment below!
For more ideas on travel fashion, please read:
- Joggers for Women: Don’t Miss this Travel Fashion Trend
- Fashionable Summer Accessories to Dress Up Your Travel Look
- How to Wear Chambray Clothing for Travel
- Travel Fashion for Women Over 50: This Brand Also Has A Fantastic Size Range
LIKED THIS POST? PIN THIS PIC TO SAVE IT!
We hope you liked this post on how to wear white clothes on vacation. Please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!