Support TFG by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) so we can continue to create helpful free content. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon in addition to other retailers featured on the blog. Thank you, we appreciate your support!
Need a packing list for Europe in the summer? We have several helpful guides to help female travelers choose the right items without overpacking. Get started with this one!
Packing List for Europe in Summer
by Vanessa Yates
You’ve read about it, dreamed about it, and almost everyone you know knows someone who has done it: a Euro-trip.
After working countless extra hours, you have finally decided to take the plunge and travel Europe. It took you weeks to plan the perfect itinerary (that you changed at least 20 times) and now you are moving on to the hardest part: planning your Europe packing list for summer. I’m sure you’ve wondered,
“How do I pack enough clothing to get me through my entire backpacking trip through Europe?”
I, too, struggled with this the first time I backpacked. But after 5 months of traveling in Europe, I learned a lot. I hope these packing tips will help make the process a bit easier for you.
Don’t forget, there are opportunities to shop in every city and town, so save space for new purchases.
Please read our Ultimate Packing List for Europe featuring travel outfits and travel tips for multiple countries.
PACKING LIST FOR EUROPE IN SUMMER: CLOTHING
- 2 or 3 short sleeved tops
- 1-2 long sleeved tops
- 2 tank tops (summer)
- 1 dress
- 2 or 3 shorts/skirts (any length is fine)
- 1-2 pairs of light trousers
- 1 swimsuit
- 2-3 pairs of socks – I wear Toms and sandals, so socks are just for preventing bug bites
- 10 travel underwear
- 3 bras – I recommend 1 dry fit sports bra
- 1 sleepwear – Pajamas that can double up as regular clothes
TFG recommends:Anatomie makes amazing travel pants that are functional and look sophisticated, which is perfect for Europe.
I’ve worn their Skyler travel pants with heels for drinks in LA, in Spain with boots for sightseeing, to play in the snow with waterproof boots in the UK, for everyday travel in Thailand with flip flops, and on hikes with trainers.
They are the ultimate multi-functional travel pant, offering form, function, and fashion (and a good cost per wear value)!
PACKING LIST FOR EUROPE IN SUMMER: ACCESSORIES & EXTRAS
- 1 raincoat
- 1 knit or light sweater – I like a button up cardigan because it can dress up and down.
- 1 scarf
- jewelry – Nothing too expensive but enough to glam up any outfit
- waterproof sandals
- cute and comfortable flats that can be worn casually/dressy
- comfortable walking shoes – I prefer women’s casual sneakers as they are lightweight, comfortable, and cute. I don’t typically do a lot of rugged hiking in Europe.
PACKING LIST FOR EUROPE IN SUMMER: GEAR
- anti-theft products
- universal adapter
- music, podcasts, or audiobooks (for long journeys)
- neck pillow (Also for long journeys)
- headlamp / flashlight
- 1-2 small locks – To use in hostel dorms
- sink stopper – The flat ones work in all drains
- bobby pins – Great for easy travel hairstyles and as clothing line pins
Please read our top 10 hostel travel essentials when backpacking Europe!
I have used this packing list for Europe in summer every time I travel and have always been more than prepared. Anything else you need you can buy along the way. Congrats on your adventure and have fun in Europe!
What’s on your Europe packing list? Share and comment below!
Please note: Most of Europe’s budget airlines have this carryon bag allowance: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Always check your airline’s individual baggage rules and regulations in advance.
For more tips, please read these Europe packing lists:
Suggested travel resources:
Please read our Ultimate Packing List for Europe featuring stylish outfits and travel tips for 9 countries.
LIKED THIS POST? PIN THIS PIC TO SAVE IT!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this Europe Packing List. Please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Author Bio: Vanessa Yates and her backpack and have traveled 28 countries throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Her adventure continues in South-East Asia where she will soon begin working at a Canadian international school in Malaysia. She hopes to never stop traveling!