Support TFG by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) so we can continue to create helpful free content. Thank you, we appreciate it!
Join our community of 500,000 stylish female travelers! Sign up for Travel Fashion Girl’s newsletter and never miss a thing!
Long term travelers aren’t the only ones that should pack fast drying towels. A travel towel like this one is an absolute must have in my packing list. Find out why they’re great and why you need a travel towel for your next trip!
7 Reasons You Need a Fast Drying Towel for Travel
1. Instead of packing a regular terry cloth towel on your travels, fast drying towels takes up less room and will dry in a fraction of the time.
2. If you have a jam packed itinerary and you plan to be in a new location every 1-2 days, then you need a towel that can dry quickly. The last thing you want is a wet towel in your bag after a morning shower right?
3. Fast drying towels are perfect for beach vacations! Leave the thick, space guzzling beach towel at home and get an extra-large travel towel instead. They don’t absorb as much as regular towels so they’re also easy to wipe and clear any sand.
4. They dry your skin faster than regular towels because they easily absorb moisture. Time is valuable when you’re traveling!
5. Budget accommodations such as hostels and guesthouses rarely provide towels. Bring your own.
6. They’re great for divers! If you’re a scuba diver this is the perfect way to get dry between dives without packing a thick towel. Fast drying towels dry so quickly that should be nice and dry on back to back dives.
7. If you’re going camping, these are the perfect way to freshen up without adding bulk to your gear.
The one thing to note is that travel towels are small in size because you can use them as a shammy to dry your body easily. However, if you want to wrap them around your body like a regular towel, then choose a size extra large.
The fast drying towel I use is the Sea to Summit DryLite Towel in a pink color, size large. (I’m 5’2″ 110lb and a size large just barely fits around my body.) For more styles, check out the 10 best travel towel styles.
Do you use fast drying towels for travel?
For more ideas on other travel essentials, please read the following:
- Neck Pillow Styles: Top 10 Best Sellers for Travel
- 12 Benefits of Using Packing Cubes
- Top 8 Budget Travel Packing Essentials
- Money Belts and Anti-theft Items for Travel
- Top 10 Hostel Essentials