This post contains affiliate links. Visit our Disclosure page for details.
We’re rounding up the best travel products during the sale, so make sure to bookmark this post for updates!
We’re going to be working around the clock monitoring the deals as they happen, so you don’t miss out.
If we think a bargain is too good to pass up, we will add it to our Amazon Prime Day post for you to see. We will continuously update this page with all of our favorite deals, so all you have to do is follow us, relax and shop.
Find out how to shop Prime Day, what it is, what items we’re watching, and which ones to add to your shopping bag. Visit now and refresh every few hours for the latest and greatest travel gear deals!
Amazon Prime Day
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a special sales event for Amazon Prime members with savings as good as Black Friday!
Some products are already discounted now and you can get anywhere from 10%-50% off with more than 100,000 deals worldwide, with new deals being added every 5 minutes!
When is Amazon Prime Day?
This year, Amazon Prime Day lasts for one day and a half. It starts on Monday July 16th, 2018 at 3pm EST and lasts all day on Tuesday July 17th. Special deals start up to a week before!
Do I need Amazon Prime to shop on Prime Day?
You do need to have Amazon Prime to take advantage of the specials during this special event.
I love Prime because it’s easy, convenient, and ultra-fast to shop. My favorite part of this membership is the free 2-day shipping and free returns (when available). This means you don’t have to wait to get the stuff you want and you can save money on shipping, too.
The two-day shipping is extra important for travelers because if you’re like me, you’re shopping until the last minute and you need to ensure you get everything you need in time for your trip.
As a bonus, other benefits of having Amazon Prime includes access to movies, tv shows, and music, too!
If you don’t already have Prime don’t worry: sign up for a FREE 30-day Amazon Prime Trial to take advantage of this big sale!
What’s on Sale for Amazon Prime Day?
There are a variety of sales going on during Amazon Prime Day including steep discounts on products and lightning deals that offer major price drops on limited quantities.
We’ll be updating this page throughout the sale so you know the best travel products to buy. Scroll down below for our top picks.
Note: New deals are published every 5 minutes and sell out quickly!
How to Shop Prime Day
Step 1: Sign up for an Amazon prime free trial or log into your account
Step 2: Go to this page to “Watch” items you’re interested in buying.
Step 3: Add other items to your wishlist and check throughout the day to see if they go on sale
Step 4: Download the free Amazon App for your phone or tablet and never miss a deal. Go to “Today’s Deals,” click “Upcoming” to view all deals 24 hours before they are live, and then tap “Watch this deal.” The app will alert you when that deal is starting.
Step 5: Download Amazon Assistant for your desktop so you can see all the items you’re watching in one convenient location and get notified when your items are on sale! (I LOVE THIS FEATURE)
These are our Top Prime Day Product Picks from 2017:
If you’ve been wanting to check out my favorite Rebecca Minkoff purse backpack, now’s the time because it was on sale last year! There were various styles discounted for Prime Day so here’s what you need to know.
- This Amazon listing that has the above Beet and Sandstone color in the size medium was on sale for $245 PLUS Prime members got an additional 30% off.
- The Putty color in medium size was on sale for $196 that you can find here.
- The less expensive, more travel-friendly nylon Julian was available in Sea Mist and Black for 30% off here.
Please note: the Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack that I have is the regular size, not the medium.
Read about how I used this bag as my only carryon for one week trip!
21″ Delsey Chatelet (currently on sale!)
This was our must-have Prime Day pick. I have this suitcase and it is GORGEOUS. This is not the suitcase to use when you’re looking to travel ultra-light as it weighs 9.5 lb. However, it has all the bells and whistles anyone could ever want in a stylish suitcase including:
- Integrated three-dial TSA-approved combination lock
- Fully lined red interior with two compartments
- Garment compartment with hanger and removable pouches
- double spinner wheels
- Stop and Go brake system
- Worldwide limited 10 year warranty
See our most recommended carryon suitcases here!
eBags had several bags on sale including the popular slim laptop backpack! This brand sells out super quickly so make sure you don’t miss out this year.
Remember, we’ll be updating this section throughout Prime Day so check back for our latest picks!
These were the Best Selling Travel Items from Prime Day ’17:
TFG Reader Favorites:
- Ebags Small Packing Cubes – 3pc Set
- Ebags Pack-it-Flat Toiletry Kit
- Travelon Anti-theft Heritage Crossbody Bag
- Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Messenger Bag
- Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bag
- Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Convertible
- Pacsafe Citysafe CS350x Anti-theft Bag
- Pacsafe Anti-Theft Secret Bra Pouch
- AmazonBasics 4-Piece Packing Cubes – Slim
- AmazonBasics Hanging Toiletry Kit, Black
- Lewis and Clark Anti-theft Moneyx Belt
- Lewis N. Clark RFID-Blocking Neck Stash
- Lewis N. Clark Travel Laundry Soap (20-Pack)
- Delsey Luggage Helium Aero International Carry On
- Briggs & Riley Sympatico International Carry-On Spinner, 21 Inch
- Ebags TLS Mother Lode Mini 21″ Wheeled Duffel
- Tumi Alpha Bravo Kirtland International Exp Carry-on
- Eagle Creek Load Warrior 20″
- Travelpro Crew 11 25″ Expandable Spinner
- Samsonite Winfield 2 Fashion Spinner 20″
AmazonBasics Travel Accessories:
Travel Clothing Brands:
Many of our favorite travel shoe brands were on sale so we listed a round up of all the brands with discounts below. Check back next week for our top picks!
Travel Shoe Brands:
- Merrell Walking Shoes
- Skechers Sneakers
- Naot Comfortable Sandals
- Teva Comfortable Walking Sandals
- Ecco Comfortable Sandals
- New Balance Sneakers
- Chaco Outdoor Walking Sandals
- Aerosoles Comfortable Shoes
- Vionic Sandals
- Superga Sneakers
- Dansko Comfortable Shoes
- Salomon Hiking Shoes
- Ahnu Travel Shoes
- Lucky Brand Boots
- Clarks Comfortable Shoes
- Sanuk Yoga Sandals
- FitFlop Comfortable Sandals
- Havaianas Flip Flops
We’ll be listing their top deals on this page throughout the sale. Remember, it starts at 6pm PST, Monday July 16th so bookmark this page to find the best in travel and luggage!
Have any questions? Check out Amazon’s Prime Day Insider Guide for more helpful tips!
Some of these tips are on now, so take advantage now and start saving – visit Amazon now!
Do you have Prime? What’s on your Amazon Prime Day wish list? Tell us in the comments below!
LIKED THIS POST? PIN THIS PIC TO SAVE IT!
For more tips, please read:
- Best Travel Shoes of All Time: Reader’s Choice
- Stay Safe with these Money Belts and Anti-theft Accessories
- Suitcase Recommendations from the Experts
- How to Travel Carryon Anywhere