Support TFG by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) so we can continue to create helpful free content. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon in addition to other retailers featured on the blog. Thank you, we appreciate your support!
Creating pretty, travel-friendly, springtime hair looks doesn’t need to be time consuming or difficult – in fact, it’s easy peasy. All you need is a couple of bobby pins, a bright colored headband and a hair-tie. Here is our step by step guide for achieving 3 quick and simple springtime vacation hairstyles.
3 Quick and Simple Vacation Hairstyles
Photo Courtesy: Beauty Hacked
The Top Knot – A twist on an old classic.
- STEP 1: Brush and gather your hair into a tight ponytail on the very top of your head and affix with an elastic band.
- STEP 2: If you have it, spritz your ponytail with sea salt or styling spray, and then backcomb the ponytail with your fingers.
- STEP 3: Separate the ponytail into two parts, one part in each hand, and then bring the two parts forward, on each side of your head.
- STEP 4: Cross over the two parts and continue wrapping around until you reach the end of your hair.
- STEP 5: Secure the ends into the bun with bobby pins, and add a bit of texture by breaking up the bun with your fingers.
Photo Courtesy: Missy Sue
The Springtime Tuck – A pretty vacation hairstyle that looks tricker than it actually is.
- STEP 1: Take a colored headband and place it around the crown of your head, with your hair underneath, not over the top.
- STEP 2: Hold the headband in place and tuck the lengths back over the top of the headband, until all the hair is tucked in, starting from the sides of your head under your ear.
- STEP 3: Secure with bobby pins if you need, style the strands at the front and voila! Easy and feminine vacation hairstyles!
Photo Courtesy: Parlor Diary
The Dutch Braid – Reverse your usual french braid for an eye-catching look.
If you’re a French Braid pro, you’ll pick this up in no time. The key is to weave the left and right strands under the middle strand rather than over.
- STEP 1: Take a section of hair from the crown of your head and divide into three strands.
- STEP 2: Cross the right hand strand under the middle strand so it now becomes the middle strand.
- STEP 3: Cross the left hand strand under the middle strand, so it now becomes the middle strand.
- STEP 4: Gather a section of hair from the right side of your head and add to the strand which is on the right side.
- STEP 5: Cross the right hand strand under the middle strand.
- STEP 6: Gather a section of hair from the left side of your head and add to the strand which is on the left side.
- STEP 7: Cross the left hand strand under the middle strand.
- STEP 8: Repeat until you reach the base of your scalp, and continue to plait to the end of your hair.
- STEP 9: Tie off the end.
With these 3 quick and simple vacation hairstyles, you may even decide to leave the styling tools at home!
What are your favorite vacation hairstyles? Let us know in the comments!
For more vacation hairstyle ideas, please read:
- No Heat Curls: 10 Heatless Hairstyles for Stylish Girls
- 5 Easy Travel Hairstyles
- Cute Short Hairstyles for Traveling
- How to Style Curly Hair When Travelling
I love any travel hair tips. My mane is kind of high maintenance and I usually overpack hair products so you can see the packing problems I could encounter. Thanks for these hairstyle tips!