This post contains affiliate links. Visit our Disclosure page for details.
When planning your travel wardrobe and using one of Travel Fashion Girl’s Universal Packing Lists (of course), you’ll find that certain clothing items have more versatility than others. Luckily for you, these include fashion favorites like women’s tunics.
Women’s Tunics are Travel Must Haves!
Tunic tops for women are basically shirts of longer length who’s hem can range from mid thigh down to your knees. It’s inspiration comes from ancient Greece and Rome and its styling can be found in both trend driven and cultural fashion around the world.
What makes this clothing item so great is that due to it’s length, you can use it in many different ways.
- Pair with leggings for the extra coverage needed to be worn as travel pants.
- Tuck into trousers and wear as a top.
- Worn over a skirt, it can create the illusion of a dress.
- Used as a cover up on the beach, it replaces the need for a kaftan.
- Wear over jeans for a casual look.
- Layer it when modesty is encouraged at temples and cathedrals.
- Use in a light fabric to shield from the sun.
- Use knit tunic sweaters as a sweater, top, and dress.
- A travel must for regions like India, the Middle East, and South East Asia!
Versatility is an absolute requirement when choosing your travel wardrobe especially if you want to pack light and still look cute, too.
Tunic tops for women come in a variety of fabrics and styles so you can choose the right one for you depending on the weather in your destination. Choose a light, airy fabric in the heat and cozy knit tunic sweaters in the cold. Mix and match with the rest of your clothing for a stylishly practical travel wardrobe.
What other wonderful uses can women’s tunics offer you?
Stay tuned for other travel wardrobe essentials including denim shorts and leggings. Please share the love and re-post, re-tweet, and pin! Thank you for reading!